Trekking – Serra dos Órgãos – Pedra do Sino (full day)
The Serra dos Órgãos National Park is famous for its spectacular rock formations, and its highest peak is known as Pedra do Sino (Bell Stone) at a height of (2275m/7465ft). To get there, we have to start the hike from the entrance of Teresópolis (around 1:30 hours by car – 100 km from Rio), and the ascent does not last more than 4 hours. The trail is (11 km / 6,9 miles) long. From above, the view is simply wonderful, and allows us to see the main landmarks of the region, such as the Dedo de Deus, the Garrafão and the Escalavrado, as well as the Guanabara Bay in Rio de Janeiro and the Atlantic Ocean. After reaching the summit, the guide will lead the group to explore the incredible sights, plants and animals. This hike is recommended for people in good physical condition and with an adventure spirit. At the end of the day, we will return to Rio and stop on the road with some free time for a snack.
- Serra dos Órgãos National Park is famous for its spectacular rock formations!
- From up there, the view is simply wonderful!
- Get to know the beautiful Mountainous Region and the city of Teresópolis!
- Included: hotel pick-up & drop-off (South Zone), professional guide
- Not included: admission to Serra dos Órgãos National Park, lunch and extras
- Recommendations: wear light clothing and hiking shoes, take small backpack with water, snacks, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, cap or hat, sunglasses, sweater or jacket, rain coat and money for extra expenses
- Pick-up time: 06:00am
- Tour duration: (approx.) 14hs
- Length: 22 km / 13 miles
- Hiking duration: approx. 4-5 hours (way up)
- Hiking level: advanced
- Departure from Rio de Janeiro at 06:00 am;
Arrival at Serra dos Órgãos National Park in Teresópolis at 07:30 am (approx 100 km)
- Beginning of the hike at 08:00 am
- On the way there is plenty of natural water and waterfalls. The two waterfalls on the way are good stopping options
- Arrival at the summit around noon;
Once you reach the summit, the guide will take the group to explore the amazing sights, plants and animals. This hike is recommended for people in good physical condition and adventurous spirit
- On the way back we follow the same trail, we should walk less time and return to Rio de Janeiro
- Return to Rio de Janeiro approx. 8:00 pm
- Contact us to schedule this tour. Best season between april and october.